1) How did your Coordea story start? We go back 5 years ago when there was an open position for Accounting Assistant and I really needed something new. I was working in a company where although the work was super fun after a certain amount of time there was no place for further growth. Coordea seemed like the place who can answer those needs, so I did not hesitate to apply.
2) What inspired you to apply to Coordea? Back then I wasn’t familiar with the outsourcing business practice. I was surprised there is a company in Macedonia that not only did accounting for Sweden but also functioned well. I was very curious to see how the whole process, the background of it and everything functions. Learning about Swedish life and culture was the bonus to that.
3) What is your biggest accomplishment at Coordea that you’re most proud of? It is not easy to pick the biggest accomplishment. Time goes by so fast, that one does not realize how far it has gotten during the years. This reminds me of a quote I recently read. I think it fits perfectly here:
“And once the storm is over you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, in fact, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about”.
4) What was the moment you knew you’d made the right decision to work here?
I can probably say it was the moment when I felt comfortable with the tasks, working with many new clients and still facing challenges daily. That gave the impression that Coordea is a company where you can grow continuously and I can say that 5 years later, I still face new challenges.
5) What is the most interesting thing about working here and about the work you do? My colleagues, after some time they become family, because, 8 hours per day doesn’t leave much time for something else. From the people you run into in the kitchen and catch up to the person you make the hardest decision of the day: where should we eat? Of course, I need to include the social events we have throughout the year.
The responsibility for the second part of the question is held by two people from the other side of the continent. They create always changing, always evolving atmosphere, making every day different and new adventure. I have been working in In-Toto for more than 2 years and still face challenges on a daily basis. When you add fun to that, you find the best combination.
6) Tell us something about your team? It is three of us in Finance, Suad and I have been working together for a year and a half now and recently got reinforced with Mirjeta. At the beginning, we were one company selling kitchens in Sweden. As the business expanded in Denmark and Norway and we started getting into Danish and Norwegian legislative, not only we became four companies, but our In-Toto team in Macedonia expanded as well. Now we are a team covering Finance, Accounting, Drawing, Order and Logistic, ready for the next kitchen in one of the three kingdoms of Scandinavia. I am still looking to sell my first kitchen, so if you are in a need of one…?
Give me a weird fact about yourself?
I have watched all seasons of Friends more than 10 times. I’m not sure if that is weird since it’s common for some people, but… I am one of them.
P.S. boss, if you are reading this, I also do a quality reading in my free time.
8) Do you have any words of advice for aspiring Coordea future talent? Coordea is a place where you can not only grow personally but also travel, experience the Swedish culture and many of the social events for us to charge the batteries and prepare for the next challenges. My advice would be: learn as much as you can, work hard, but remember to have fun! Even in the finance world, you should ALWAYS HAVE FUN!